San Giorgio di Donatello
The sculpture is one of the fourteen statues sponsored and sponsored by the Florentine Arts in the 1400s, sculptures representing the protectors of the Arts themselves that adorn the external niches of the church of Orsanmichele in Florence. The Saint George, a warrior saint, was commissioned from Donatello by the Arte dei Corazzai and Spadai, who executed it in marble around 1415. In 1891 it was replaced by a bronze copy and the marble was brought to the Bargello Museum. Donatello managed to give the monument energy and vitality that are retained in the static pose, but perfectly visible.
Note: It is necessary to request a quote to check the availability of the work and check the price in the event of a new reproduction.